Saturday, August 29, 2009

When the going gets tough...

..the tough drink rum and coke.

I cannot remember the last time I had fun.  Like "honest to goodness, not a care in the world, I love the people I'm with" fun..  I was reminded last night just how much fun fun can be.

I get so caught up in the ups and downs, ins and outs of every day life that I forget how to be just Lisa.  I'm all about "Mommy, Wife, Daughter, Sister, I am woman hear me roar", that I forget to just take a step back, and kick up my heels...just live.

It's funny, because in recent times, I've been questioning friendships in my life, as alot of really important people in my life have unceremoniously 'dumped' me, for whatever reason.  When I think about last night, and about the people who I have fun with the most, it's the people that have been there all along.  My family.  I don't know why I thought friends and family couldn't be one in the same.

I've watched my cousin blossom into this amazing woman who I admire and adore.  Our relationship has come a long way.  Never did I think we'd have so much fun together.  Never.  I'm glad we are where we are today.

I've developed such a love and admiration for my brother's girlfriend of 6 years.  I won't lie, I'm not sure how she puts up with him at times, but I'm glad she does.  I truly can call her my friend, and for that, I'm so grateful.

Not many people can say that they have an Aunt who can hang with the best.  I can.  She's awesome.  And I love her so.

My husband is a good sport.  He's content to sit and watch other people have fun.  He's a good egg,  and evidently a target for practicing flirters everywhere.  He truly is my rock...my best friend.

My boys, and their boys, and their boys' girls) always make me smile when we are out together.  

It's nights like last night where I'm reminded to just take a step back and let go.  Just breathe.  Just have fun.

It was Laur's birthday, but I felt like I was the one who grew up a bit.


(and i'm never singing with Lauren Domino ever again.  She makes me sing silly songs and laugh the whole way through.)

No comments:

Post a Comment